Computer virus can be interpreted as a normal computer program. But it has a fundamental difference with other programs, the virus is made to infect other programs, change, manipulate it even to damage it. There is something to note here, the virus will only infect if the program triggers or programs that have been infected were executed, this is where the difference with the “worm”.
“>Some Ways of computer Virus Spreading
Viruses like biological virus must have media to spread, computer virus can spread to various computer / other machine also through various media, including:
Diskette, R / W media storage:
External storage media can be an easy target for viruses to be media. Whether as a place to settle or as a medium of dissemination. Media that can perform R / W (Read and Write) operation is very possible for the virus and served as a media spread.
Network (LAN, WAN, etc.)
The relationship between multiple computers directly enables a virus to move in the event of exchanges / execution of files containing viruses.
It is very possible that a site is intentionally embedded a “virus” that will infect the computers that access it.
Software that is Freeware, Shareware or Pirated
Lots of viruses are intentionally embedded in a program that is disseminated either for free, or trial version.
Attachment on email, file transfer
Virtually all types of virus spread recently using email attachments because all internet service users must use email to communicate, these files are intentionally made striking / attention-grabbing, often even having multiple extensions on the file naming.
The computer will get a virus when:
Computer Virus Prevention
Computer Virus Response Measure
Action to handle, if the virus has been attacked When the data diskette / external media:
- “Back-up” all data
- Turn off system
- Run the “boot” process using a DOS diskette in the “write protected” clean of the virus attack
- Use an anti virus program (from floppy disk) to get rid of viruses on floppy disks / computers that were infected earlier.
When inside the computer
- Detect and determine where the source of the virus is whether on disk, network, email and so on.
- If the network then it’s good you isolate your computer first (either by removing the cable or disable internet connection from the control panel)
- Identify and classify what type of virus attacks your pc, by: Symptoms that arise, eg messages, corrupted or missing files etc.
- Scan with antivirus, if exposed when auto-protect runs means virus definition in the computer does not have this virus data, try to update manually or download the virus definition for you then install. If the virus is blocking your business to update, then try to use other media (computer) with antivirus that has the latest updates.
- Clean the virus. After successfully detecting and recognizing it then try to find immediate removal or ways to destroy it on sites that provide information on the development of the virus. This needs to be done if the antivirus with your latest update does not succeed in destroying it.
- Worst move. If all the above does not work is to reformat the computer
- Signs of virus attack: Program can not be used / run, Applicable “disc error” (when in diskette), Failure to “boot” system, The system experiences degradation of usage.
Recommended the best Antivirus Software:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- McAfee Total Protection
- Norton Security Premium – 10 Devices [Download Code]
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2018 | 1 PC, 1 Year | Download [Online Code
Parts of the virus attacked
The computer parts attacked by virus include:
- Into the application file, * .EXE, * .COM, * .SYS, * .OVR;, etc
- Into “Memory”;
- Go to the “File Allocation Table (FAT)” space;
- Into the data file: * .DBF, * .WK ?, * .DOC, etc