How do I create new partition directly on Windows? You can easily create new partitions directly on Windows even at the same time Windows is still running. How to do it?
Create New partition Directly while Windows Run.
When the computer is already installed Windows with some existing partitions and you want to add a new partition, then a safe step for a newbie is to create a new partition using the utility tools application from the Windows system itself.
Before you create a new partition directly using windows Tools then some things you need to make sure are as follows:
- Make sure one of the hard disk drive parcels on your computer still has plenty of free space. Free space on the hard drive is what we will use later to create a new partition.
- Make sure also your hard disk drive in good health and not bad sectors. Because when the hard disk in a bad sector, then the partition contained bad sectors may not be used. Because it will disrupt the system.
Steps to create a new partition directly on Windows
In the tips and tricks this time we will create a new partition directly on Windows by using the built-in utility from Windows is Computer Management. The sequence of steps is as follows:
- Log on desktop/Windows Explorer
- Right click on My Computer icon> Right click> Select Manage. Or in Windows Explorer> My Computer> Right Click> Manage
- Disk Management
- Select Existing Disk with enough of Free Space> Right Click> Shrink Volume …
- Enter the amount of space to shrink in MB
- Free Space hard disk drive created
- Right click on Free Space> New Simple Volume …
- Write amount of simple volume size in MB
- Assign the following drive letter
- Format this volume with the following settings
Easy is not it? That’s the sequence of how to create new partitions directly on Windows by using Disk Management. Congratulations you have successfully created a new Partition on your hard disk drive and ready to use.