How to clean up, remove, delete trash files, temporary files or junk files on your computer or laptop needs to be learned by laptop or computer users. This is important, because it will be related to how to care for the computer or laptop itself, where one of them is to clean up junk files on the computer. In Computer Tips this time, dimlog will be sharing a special tutorial that is about how to clean junk files on the computer either laptop or desktop PC
Previously discuss the above tips, do you know why our computer can generate junk files, trash files or temporary files? The term “junk” is here because the file will appear automatically and not and the file does not work. The computer system we use comes with a temporary file name. It will appear automatically after when we perform a certain command on the computer.
Well, these files that we consider junk files, if the number is very much. It is said that he can make our laptop or computer become slow or decrease the performance of the computer itself. Therefore, how to clean up junk files on laptops become important enough thing for us to learn as the owner of laptop or PC.
Therefore, we will share tips and tricks about some ways you can do to remove or clean up junk files on the computer. The following tips we implement on the Windows System is using the Run system, using the default Windows Maintenance Software and using third-party software.
The first way to remove trash files, junk files or temporary files using the command “Run”
For users of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and later versions of Windows can use the way below to clean up computer junk files or temporary files. Read and see the full steps below
- Open and position the cursor on the desktop, press the Start button “windows + R” on the keyboard simultaneously
- Appears window “Run” type in RUN box “% temp%” without quotation marks.
- Click OK or press “Enter” on the keyboard, it will appears windows File Explorer which contains all garbage files or temporary files,
- To delete all the files, press on the keyboard shortcut key “Ctrl + A” to select all the junk files
- Click the “Delete“> Permanently delete button
After deleting all temporary files, there are also other files that include computer junk that needs to be deleted. The way is the same as above, but in the second step, in the box RUN type “pretetch” without quotation marks. See the details in the image below:
- Open “Run”
- Then type “prefetch” and press Enter
- Back will pop up windows Explorer contains many files, well please delete all of them too.
Well, that’s one way to remove junk on a laptop or computer is quite simple. Not using the software, we usually call the term way manually. Next, you can also clean up computer trash by using the facilities provided by windows is through the system “disk cleanup”
The second way to clean up junk files with Disk Cleanup
The second easy and practical way to clean up temporary files or junk files by utilizing the built-in software from windows is Disk Cleanup. With Disk Cleanup from Windows, it will clean up the files in each – every partition on the computer. Here are the detailed steps with the image demonstration:
- Open Windows File Explorer
- Select partition disk
- Right click on the disk
- Disk Cleanup
- Wait until the calculating process is complete
- Choose which directory you want to clean, then click “OK”
Such are the easy and practical ways without using and purchasing third party software to clean up temporary files, or junk files and chache files on a computer with the Windows operating system. Hopefully useful for your computer health.