In addition to treatment, maintaining a healthy diet is one way to treat gout. Eating vegetables for gout is an important part of treatment. What are some good vegetables for gout?
High levels of uric acid in the body can cause the formation of crystals in the joints. Symptoms of gout disease usually appear suddenly, in the form of pain that can be very heavy. If high levels of uric acid are left alone, it can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
Various kinds of vegetables for gout sufferers
If you have gout, you need to be more careful in choosing the foods or drinks you consume. Because if not, then the pain you feel can get worse.
Taking medicines to treat gout is a good way to lower uric acid levels and treat pain. But maintaining a healthy diet for gout is also important to help minimize attacks and limit the severity of uric acid disease that you may experience.
Here’s a list of vegetables for uric acid sufferers are recommended, namely:
- Nuts: Nuts include a good type of food for people with uric acid. Because uric acid sufferers are advised to stay away from animal protein, nuts can be a good source of protein.
- Carrot: Vegetables derived from roots such as carrots and sweet potatoes contain the lowest amount of purine. Purines are substances that will be ingested into uric acid in the body. Therefore, carrots belong to vegetables for uric acid sufferers are safe to eat.
- Spinach: Spinach is a vegetable that contains purines. But according to research, purines derived from vegetables are safe for those who are suffering from uric acid.
- Broccoli: Vegetables rich in vitamin C such as broccoli, also can lower uric acid levels.
- Potatoes: Potato is a low-purine vegetable and rich in vitamin C, which can help reduce levels of uric acid in the body.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms rich in fiber and low in calories. Just like spinach, mushrooms are also a good vegetable for people with uric acid.
- Eggplant and tomato: In addition to carrots, eggplant and tomatoes are also low purine vegetables that are safe for consumption by people with uric acid.
List of Food and Drink taboos for gout sufferers
A good diet and appropriate for people with uric acid can help reduce symptoms and prevent recurrence of gout disease. There are some foods and drinks that should be avoided by people with uric acid, namely:
- Seafood (seafood).
- Offal meat.
- As well as a variety of high-fructose products, such as soft drinks, juices, ice cream, sweets, and fast food.
- Red meat.
- Alcoholic beverages.
Tricks to Reduce Uric Acid Disease
In addition to routinely taking medication and eating vegetables for gout, there are other ways to prevent or minimize attacks on gout, including:
- Drink enough water.
- Take care of your weight. If you are overweight or obese, you are encouraged to lower it. Because weight loss can help reduce the pressure on your joints that can cause pain.\
- Avoid overly sweet drinks.
- Limit your intake of meat and seafood.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Enough your protein needs by consuming low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, and milk.
- Exercise regularly.
If you have gout, it is important for you to undergo treatment and also live a healthy lifestyle, to help reduce or eliminate the symptoms of gout.
Being a sufferer of gout is not an obstacle for you not to eat fruits and vegetables, because there are some vegetables for people with uric acid, fruits, and foods and beverages that are safe for people with uric acid.