Printing a document can be done with full color or and can also be done using grayscale printing that’s means using black and white color only or known by printing in grayscale. How to enable black or white printing or printing only or grayscale so we can save color ink for full color or color printing.
Here is how to enable grayscale printing or printing on an HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer to print only documents with black and white ink only (grayscale mode). For additional information, in this demonstration we printing an document using Microsoft Office Word 2013 with Windows 8 Operating system.
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (M9L66A)
- HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (F1J03A)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-On Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
Perform the following steps to be able to print in grayscale printing or black and white printing only.
- Open the document or file you want to print
- Perform print commands, usually with the File> Print command or using the CTRL + P keyboard shortcut
- Appears window printing menu.
- Select the type of printer to use (HP Officejet Pro 8600)
- Click Printer Properties
- Click Advanced on the printer properties window
- In the Advanced window, select the Printer Features sub menu> Print in Grayscale> Black ink Only or High Quality Grayscale
- Click OK
- Continue to print the document
By setting the above steps on the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer, the printer will automatically print or print using only black and white ink or in other words the printer will do grayscale printing. To be able to do color printing then do the settings or settings of color printing by restoring the settings Print In Grayscale OFF status.