How to create a healthy breakfast and how much a healthy portion sizes and menu for Breakfast? Breakfast brings a list of good health benefits. But to get this benefit, you should eat the right and appropriate breakfast portion. That’s because the portion of too little breakfast will keep you feeling hungry, energy is not full, and the body does not get enough nutrition. Conversely, a portion of too much breakfast can increase weight and risk of obesity.
So, how is the right breakfast? Experts recommend that you eat breakfast for 25-30% of total caloric needs in a day.
So if you are a woman weighing 50 kg, your breakfast is about 350-400 calories. But if you are a man weighing 70 kg, then breakfast must contain 500 calories.
According to nutrition experts from Columbia University, USA, breakfast less than 350 calories less effectively contributes energy and nutrients for the body. Meanwhile, if more than 500 calories, feared excess calories will be stored by the body in the form of fat.
The healthy Breakfast Menu is Right
According to experts, the breakfast menu should consist of fruits, carbohydrates, and proteins:
- Fruits: Some good fruits to eat at breakfast are bananas, berries or apples.
- Carbohydrate: Carbohydrates for breakfast can be bread, cereals, rice, and more. The easy way, the right portion of carbohydrates is your fist.
- Protein: Protein can be obtained from eggs, tofu, tempeh (fermented soybean), meat, or milk. The protein portion is like the width and thickness of your hand. If the protein source is milk, make sure you do not consume more than 250 ml (1 cup).
- Good fat: Good fats can be found in olive oil, avocados, and nuts. Good portion of fat in breakfast, for example 8 almonds, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, and ¼ avocado in each dish.
To be clear, here’s an example of a 400-calorie breakfast menu that you can try yourself:
- 2 slices of toast smeared 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, plus 1 banana cut into pieces.
- A sandwich consisting of omelette, tomato, lettuce, and grated cheese.
- 2 pieces of toast containing omelette, plus a glass (250ml) of milk.
- 3 tablespoons full of cereals added with 250 ml of milk and ½ banana.
You can certainly combine the healthy menu above in accordance with the taste of each. But, make sure your breakfast portion is not too much or too little. Enjoy the breakfast!