Protein is important to optimize the growth and development of children. What foods that contain of High Protein Foods for Your Children?
Broadly speaking, the source of protein is divided into two: the source of animal protein and vegetable. As the name implies, the source of animal protein comes from animals, such as meat or eggs. While the source of vegetable protein comes from plants, such as nuts, including tempeh and tofu.
High protein foods for children
Food sources of protein contains proteins in different amounts. So what foods are the best source of protein? Here are seven foods with high protein that are good for children.
- Fish: Fish, especially tuna and salmon are the best sources of protein. Therefore, fish consumption is highly recommended in children.
- Chicken breast: Chicken is one source of animal protein. Chicken breast contains higher protein, because this part contains less fat than other parts. Soft, boneless texture makes the chicken breast an easy-to-process protein source for child’s food.
- Meat (which is not fatty): Beef or goat is also a good source of protein. Just like chicken meat, the lean part has a higher ratio of protein per calorie. For children, it is easier to devour it if served in the form of minced meat.
- Know: Although derived from plants, tofu made from soybean ingredients contain high enough protein. The affordable price makes know as the main source of protein everyday. Soft texture makes it one of the favorite vegetable protein sources for children.
- Nuts: Just like soy, other types of nuts also contain lots of protein. In addition, the beans are also high in fiber. The crunchy texture can be a variation in the texture of other protein sources that tend to be too soft or too hard.
- Egg: As much as 35 percent of the nutrient content in eggs is protein. In addition to containing high protein, eggs also contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Taste eggs almost always acceptable tongue of children.
- Milk and its products: Cow’s milk and its products are also one source of protein. Dairy products that still contain high enough protein, among others, yoghurt and cheese. The earlier the child gets to know milk and cheese, the easier it is to offer them, the higher the intake of an acceptable protein.
From various sources of protein above, it was not difficult to find protein intake. Protein intake is important because proteins support the growth and development of children, through its role as a builder substance. It also means that it also has the function of repairing damaged cells.
Moreover, it also plays an important role in the process of metabolism through the formation of enzymes and hormones in the body. To support optimal child growth, make sure as many as 25 to 30 percent of the daily food portion is a source of protein.
To support the protein intake of children, provide complementary intake of breast milk with Milna Red Organic Baby Rice Porridge. This baby porridge is made for your baby older than 6 months.
This food is a good start for the little one who just started to learn to eat. With high protein content that helps build and repair body tissues, Milna Burial Organic Baby Rice is also the best source of high fiber Calcium, Iron, and Zinc.