Using keyboard shortcuts when in front computer will be much more efficient, save time and also energy then by using the manual that is using the mouse.
Imagine, using keyboard shortcuts and you can save 1 step, and make each day in front of the computer with the same job. Then you will save much time and also energy for your computer work.
List of Keyboard Shortcuts for Daily Use in Front of Computer
Below is a list of keyboard shortcuts that almost every day use when working with your computer.
- Windows key + R = Run menu, This is usually followed by:
cmd = Command Prompt
compmgmt.msc = Computer Management
dhcpmgmt.msc = DHCP Management
dnsmgmt.msc = DNS Management
dsa.msc = Active Directory Users and Computers
dssite.msc = Active Directory Sites and Services
eventvwr = Event Viewer
iexplore + “web address” = Internet Explorer
services.msc = Services
Windows key + E = Explorer
- ALT + Tab = Switch between windows
- ALT, Space, X = Maximize window
- CTRL + C = copy
- CTRL + Shift + Esc = Task Manager
- CTRL + V = paste
- CTRL + X = truncated
- Windows key + D = Hide / Show all windows
- Windows key + F = Search
- Windows Key + Rest = System Properties
Do not forget to use the “Right-click” button located next to the Windows key on the right side of your keyboard. Using arrows and keys it can accomplish whatever you do after you open any program.
- Windows + Tab : Cycle via Taskbar button
- Windows + M : Minimize all open windows
- Windows + F1 : Open Windows Help
- Windows + Break : Open the System Properties dialog box
- Shift + Windows + M : Undo minimizes all open windows
- Ctrl] Up, Down : arrow Move the cursor forward or back one paragraph
- Ctrl] Lft., Rt. arrow : Move the cursor forward or back one word
- [F1] : Go to Help for active apps
- [Ctrl] and [F4] : Close the current document or windows group (not working with some apps)
- [Ctrl] and [Esc] : Go to Program Menu
- [Alt] and letters : Select menu items with underlined letters
- [Alt] and [F4] : Exit from the active application or close the active window
- [Alt] and [Esc] : Toggles between running apps
- [Alt] and [-] : Open the Control menu for active document
- Left ALT + left SHIFT + NUM LOCK : Turn MouseKeys on and off.
- Left ALT + left SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN : Turn on and off High Contrast.
- NUM LOCK : for five seconds Turn ToggleKeys on and off.
- SHIFT : five times Switch StickyKeys on and off.
- SHIFT right for eight seconds : Replace FilterKeys on and off.
- END : Show the bottom of the current window.
- HOUSE : Show the top of the active window.
- LEFT ARROW : Close current selection if expanded, or select parent folder.
- NUM LOCK + ASTERISK : on the numeric keypad (*) Show all subfolders under the selected folder.
- NUM LOCK + MINUS SIGN : on the numeric keypad (-) Close the selected folder.
- NUM LOCK + PLUS SIGN : on numeric keypad (+) Display content from selected folder.
- RIGHT ARROW : Show current selection if collapsed, or select the first subfolder.
Type the following command in the Run Box (Windows + R Button) or Start Run
- calc = Calculator
- cleanmgr = Disk Cleanup
- control = Opens the Control Panel
- control printers = Opens the Printer Dialog
- devmgmt.msc = Device Manager
- excel = Microsoft Excel (If Installed)
- frontpg = Microsoft FrontPage (If Installed)
- mmc = Microsoft Management Console
- msaccess = Microsoft Access (If Installed)
- msinfo32 = System Information
- msmsgs = Windows Messenger
- mspaint = Microsoft Paint
- netscape = Netscape 4.x
- netscp = Netscape 7.x
- netscp6 = Netscape 6.x
- notepad = Notepad
- ntbackup = Backup or Restore Wizard
- powerpnt = Microsoft PowerPoint (If Installed)
- rstrui = System Restore
- waol = America Online
- winword = Microsoft Word (If Installed)
- wmplayer = Windows Media Player
- wordpad = WordPad
type your address “google”, then press [Right CTRL] and [Enter]
add www. and .com to word and go there
Read also : 6 browser shortcuts
There are many more keyboard shortcuts that you can use to compile. You can search for information on Google’s search engine. What we found above is a list of keyboard shortcuts commonly used by computer users. Congratulations to work more efficiently.