What is a static IP address? IP address stands for internet protocol address is the address specified to connect one computer to another computer. IP address has two versions of ip version 4 or commonly abbreviated ipv4 and ip version 6 or commonly abbreviated ipv6.
Static IP is an IP which is set manually and will not change. Static IP usually in use on the local network, usually in the settings on the router to be easy to recognize and easy to remember.
How to setup static IP address?
For those of you beginners may not know and want to know how to setup static ip address on your computer or laptop. Static IP Address can be set by us easily. The steps are as follows:
- Point your cursor at the bottom right corner of your screen
- Right click on Network> Open Network and Sharing Center>
- If network notification is not found, you can open it in Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center
- Change adapter settings
- Select the adapter you want to add static ip
- Right click on the adapter
- Select Properties
- Appears Ethernet Properties Window
- Scroll down and find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)
- Click the Properties button
- Internet Protocol Version 4 window appears (TCP / IPv4) Properties
- Select Use the following ip address
- Enter your Static IP address
- Include DNs as well
- Click OK
How do we know my ip address?
On the computer is connected to a network with DHCP Server, the computer wants to get dynamic ip automatically from the server. However, we want to know the ip address of the computer that will be permanently installed into static ip address. How to find out?
How to know the IP address of the computer connected to the DHCP Server is by Command Prompt or CMD command. The full steps are as follows:
- Press Start + R button on keyboard
- RUN window appears
- Type in Run “cmd” without quotation marks
- Command Prompt window appears
- Type in cmd windows: ipconfig / all
- Hit Enter on the keyboard
- Appears the result
- As shown in the picture
So buddy Dimlog Tips and Trick on how to setup static ip address and how to find the ip address of a computer or laptop.
You may like also: