Often printer devices experience various problems because it has been used for a long time. One of the most common problems is Stripe Prints or out-of-color prints but faded. What really happened and how to solve it?
What are the causes of Stripe Prints when printing?
The following are some of the causes of the problem
- There are air bubbles in the cartridge. This may be caused at the time of injection / refilling of the cartridge where there is air coming in the cartridge.
- Blockage on the print head. The second possibility is that there is a blockage in the Print head. This blockage can be caused by a dry ink due to a rarely used printer.
- Damaged print head. Damage to the print head may be due to a scratched head print or a change of position on the print due to physical damage.
- Incorrect installation of cartridge.
- Running out of ink.
- Error setting on the computer used.
How to solve Stripe Print correctly?
The following are the steps you can take to deal with streaked or faded printouts or printouts
First, Head cleaning
This method intends to clean the print head from the blockage and make the ink flow smooth. Clean by way of head cleaning for 2-4 times to remove air bubbles in the cartridge (read the printer manual according to the printer)
The Examples of how to head cleaning is as follows:
In the following illustration we will do the cleaning head on Epson L220 Printer (printer plus scanner)
- Open the control panel
- Hardware and sound
- Devices and Printers
- Select the printer
- Right click on printer> Printing Preferences
- Click Maintenance> Head Cleaning
The second, reinstall the Cartridge correctly
Reinstall correctly assure the cartridge, turn it off and turn it on again to make sure that the cartridge status has changed.
Third, Replace the damaged cartridge.
When you reinstall the cartridge or make a new pairing make sure that you do not open the bottom seal of the film even if the printed striped or ink does not come out at all
Fourth Check back and make sure that when you are printing is not in draft or super-economic print quality settings
Fifth Changing the Head Print
Replace the old print head with a new print head.
Thus tips from dimlog on how to overcome the stripe prints or faded print. Hopefully can help restore your printer back to normal as before.
- Refill Ink Kit: BCH Standard 600 ml for all printers
- For Canon printer Pixma: 12 COLOR CLI-221 PGI-220 Ink Tank: MX860 MX870 MP560
- EPSON – InkJet Ink