Are you a night shift worker? There is no reason to leave a healthy lifestyle to avoid disease! In the article below, we will describe you simple and easy tips stay healthy for night shift workers.
Working night shift does have its own challenges, especially in maintaining health. How come? Jobs that require you to change the pattern of hours of sleep must make the body often not fit and easily sick.
Tips stay healthy for night shift worker
Here are tips for you night shift workers in maintaining immunity to avoid the disease:
- Drink supplements to increase endurance: As a complement, you can take supplements to increase endurance. For example, supplements containing vitamin C or squalane derived from shark liver oil extract. Both are able to strengthen your immune system, especially after staying up all night.
- Regular exercise: Do not be lazy to exercise! Sports should still be done about 2-3 times a week with a duration of at least 30 minutes. You can walk around the complex, bike ride, or join the Zumba class
- Drink plenty of water while working: Fluid intake is required during nighttime work to keep the body fit. You also can be more focused and spirit in the work. Less fluid or dehydration can trigger a variety of health problems.
- Paying off sleep debt: After a night of sleep, be sure to replace your sleeping debt as much as your proper amount of sleep. For example, you do not sleep for 8 hours at night, preferably napping or afternoon as many as 8 hours as well. However, this hour amount does not have to be paid in one sleep or can be split in two.
- Sleep 30 minutes before work: Saving 30 minutes of sleep will keep the body fresh while working at night. However, it should not exceed 30 minutes because when you wake up you will feel dizzy and tired. Even if it exceeds 30 minutes, you should finish one sleep cycle at the same time that is 90 minutes.
- Consumption of vegetables and fruits: Expand your consumption of vegetables and fruits. Vitamins and antioxidants in it will keep the body fit
So, for the night shift workers, keep the health priority to always fit and focus in the office. Happy working!