In Windows 10 Operating system has many new features, including print to pdf directly from these Windows. PDF or Portable Document Format files are common and widely used today including text, fonts, images, graphics, etc. Good news for all Windows 10 users, Microsoft has the inclusion of the latest genuine print-to-PDF operating system features. Means that, Windows 10 users can now choose a simple PDF as a printer without the need to download PDF applications to print PDF files or documents.
Read also recommended Software
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home | Download
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit, OEM DVD)
Enabling Print PDf Features in Windows 10
To help Windows 10 users fully utilize Print-to-PDF features, here are some tricks how to enable this feature in the latest OS.
- Just head to the Windows 10 Settings page and click Devices.
- The screen will open with the Printer & scanner menu that all available printers are appearing including Microsoft Print to PDF.
- Next, simply open the file or document or web page you want to convert to PDF. Then, navigate to the Print function.
- The print screen will appear, select Microsoft Print to PDF in the printer destination list and then click Print. Under Printer or destination, choose Print as PDF.
- After the setup is complete, click “Print” to print and convert the file or document to PDF file. The page will ask to notify the user to save the PDF file and rename it. Windows users can choose the location where they want to save it, name it, and then click “Save” to save the PDF file.
If Microsoft Print to PDF does not appear on the Printer & scanner menu, the user can find the manual function by searching Advanced printer settings.
Read also recommended software
- Cosmi Perfect PDF Creator Essentials – Windows
- PDF Converter Ultimate – Convert PDF files to Word, Excel, PowerPoint
In the Advanced printer setup, select “The printer I want is not listed and then select Add printer or local printer network with manual settings”. In the next window, open the drop-down menu next to using an existing port, choose FILE: (Print to File)> Next.
Then another window will appear where the user can select Microsoft Print to PDF printer. Select Microsoft as the manufacturer then scroll down to select Microsoft Print to PDF and click Next. Microsoft Print to PDF will then add the Printer & scanner menu. After completion of all settings, the user can follow step 1 above to enable Print-to-PDF features in Windows 10 operating system.
Print to PDF is different from Save as PDF because it only translates the information you will see on the printed page. This means that any metadata like links and bookmarks will not be translated and will not be visible to anyone viewing the “Print” PDF file.