Why we need to display an message at Windows startup when computer start or turn on? When first knocking on the door and visiting, it will feel different when we get a welcome greeting, welcome in and / or another greeting.
Likewise on your computer. You can display any message you like when the computer first starts up (startup). This can be set via regedit.
Why need to display a message when the computer Windows startup?
Messages are very important for computer user. For example, the message you want to show is in the form of a correct instructions and working procedures for computer users. Therefore, this message must be displayed on Startup or when the computer first started.
Here’s the complete sequence of steps.
How to display a messages on Startup in Windows when computer start or turn on. The following way is to edit the registry in Windows, as for the steps are as follows:
- Open the registry editor by pressing the Start + R key on the keyboard simultaneously
- Appears RUN, type “regedit” without quotes, hit enter or click OK
- In the Registry Editor window, on the left side pane, Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- On the right side pane, select and open LegalNoticeCaption and enter a value that you want to see in the Menu Bar.
- Next, still on right side pane, open or double click LegalNoticeText and insert the message you want to display each time Windows boots.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer to see the results.
After you restart the computer, then when the computer is on the Windows Startup will display a message in accordance with the message you want to convey or display on the computer user.
Thus, the information you want to convey to computer users will be delivered before they use it. This will be of great benefit to them as well as to the companies that employ them.