What is Windows Version? What version of Windows do you have?. How to check it? Information about the version of windows you use can be useful for certain purposes. From Information about this version of Windows you will get some important information such as:
- Windows version used on computer or laptop.
- Year of manufacture and release of the Windows OS.
- License or user information from computer.
How to quickly and easily knowing your Windows Version
In the tips this time, we will share two quick and easy tips how to know which version of Windows is used on the computer.
The first way to know the Windows Version
This first way, we think is the fastest way. That is by using the RUN command. The steps are as follows:
- Focus on your keyboard
- Use your two hands
- Press the Start + R key combination on the keyboard
- RUN window appears
- Type in RUN box “winver” without quotation marks
- Click the OK button or press Enter on keyboard
- See the result.
The second way through Command Prompt (CMD)
The second way to find out which version of Windows is to use the CMD command or the Prompt command. For this second way, it may be necessary for us to take a longer step.
Below is a complete step of knowing the Windows version through CMD
- open the CMD application, you can do with some steps. The easy way is, you just do step 1 – 4 as in the first way
- in the RUN window box, type CMD
- appears Command Prompt window
- Type winver
- press enter
- The Windows Version window appears.
So, that is 2 tips and tricks from us on how to know which version of Windows used on computer or laptop. in the above demonstration, Windows version used is Windows 8, which release in 2012.
Tips on knowing the Windows version above, you can use almost any version of Windows. May be useful